Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Nice Russian error




This arrived today, picked up from the auction. It's Russian 1969 fairy tales set in a strip of five with a missing perforation at the right side. Such errors are seldom found and this one is listed in Zagorsky 2009 catalogue along with other variations of missing perforation for this issue. Some have argued the printing quality of Russia was poor but I dare to differ. Indeed misperfs, preprint folds and missing perfs are to be found on several issues throughout the Soviet era but not on all of them.

I have found errors to be very attractive since I took my first steps with philately. I have also spent a great many hours looking for varieties, plate flaws and not only on Russian stamps. While such major error easily caughts the eye many smaller flaws demand more patience.

Toivo

No comments:

Post a Comment